To Maintain Council Services and IMPROVE necessary Infrastructure.
· Reduced asset backlog by focussing on renewal of assets eg: Belrose, Brookvale & Narrabeen Childcare Centre upgrades, Belrose Library, upgraded various surf clubs, Community Centre upgrades (Curl Curl, Cromer, Narrabeen Tramshed, Collaroy, Long Reef etc), Warringah Aquatic Centre grounds more family friendly, rockpool upgrades, upgrades planned and delivered on regional and suburban playgrounds with the community choosing final designs.
· Additional street sweeping
· Social media penetration encouraged to communicate with residents for feedback and suggestions
· Website upgrade (all council projects expenditure online, increasing transparency and accountability to the community)
· Doubled budget for footpaths,increased footpath renewal budget plus widening of footpaths
· Added more dedicated bike paths and pushed for more bike lanes when planning road infrastructure
· Used additional surplus funds for smaller footpath projects and brought footpath projects forward to address changing needs.
· Improved sporting fields (created new fields; synthetic and turf, improved quality of fields, investigating shortfalls and how to meet it.
· Planned, funded and completed the final 2 stages Narrabeen Lagoon Trail, opening up a complete circuit around the lagoon. The project involved building new bridges, 2km of new boardwalk, reserve and carpark upgrades, a boat ramp, toilet upgrades, park furniture, rest stops, vantage outlook points, heritage restoration, environmental protection and substantial planting of local species. Middle Creek Reserve was upgraded as part of the project, with improved facilities and utilising water sensitive design to filter stormwater runoff from the carpark before it goes into the Lagoon. 60% of the project was funded by Council.