Manly ward covers the southern end of the council, including Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, Clontarf, Fairlight, Manly, Manly Vale, North Balgowlah and Seaforth
Meet The Manly Independent Team
You have a very experienced and community minded team of Independents in Manly ready to consult, innovate and create some fantastic business support, environmental protection, traffic improvements and revitalisation of the community.
SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Upgrades of our harbour pools (Forty Baskets, Little Manly) and our foreshore areas at Clontarf and East Esplanade;
• Traffic calming & pedestrian improvement near our schools at Manly West Public, North Balgowlah Public and Balgowlah Heights Public schools;
• New community facilities such as the public amenities block at East Esplanade, new walkway and playground at Manly Dam and the upgrade of facilities at Manly Beach and the library;
• Installation of 100% renewable energy on council facilities saving the council $2 million over the next 7 years;
• Repairing the balance sheet, paying down preamalgamation debts (from $66M down to $9M) and investing over $70M back into infrastructure since amalgamation.
• Reduced Council emissions by 80%, more than 20 years ahead of schedule.
• Supported businesses through covid with a dedicated Concierge service to connect support to local businesses
• Worked with the state for rapid implementation of support during the pandemic.
• Increased services for locals, repairing the balance sheet and reducing rates.
SOME OF OUR GOALS:
• Protect our harbour, coastal & bush environment from inappropriate development via a new LEP and build resilience to the impacts of climate change;
• Implement a thriving civic precinct for central Manly, providing a community hub centred on an expanded, modern library together with the town hall for creative or performing arts;
• Advocate to reduce local traffic congestion, parking stresses and the adverse impacts of the Beaches Link Tunnel on environment and community;
• Continue to advocate strongly for the environment and residents of Balgowlah, North Balgowlah, Manly Vale and Seaforth in relation to the impacts of the Tunnel.
• Drive the finalisation of the Manly Place plan which Council is currently preparing;
• Work with local businesses and community groups to revitalise the economies in the other areas of Manly Vale, Fairlight, Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, North Balgowlah and Seaforth.
• Provide safe spaces for young people to gather and enjoy.
• Implement net zero emissions in Council by 2030.