Pittwater ward covers the northern end of the council, including Avalon, Bayview, Bilgola Beach, Church Point, Clareville, Coasters Retreat, Cottage Point, Duffy’s Forest, Elvina Bay, Great Mackerel Beach, part of Ingleside, Lovett Bay, Mona Vale, Morning Bay, Newport, Palm Beach, Scotland Island, Terrey Hills and Whale Beach.
Clr Ian White represents the Pittwater Ward endeavours to:
1. Address the infrastructure deficit in the Pittwater Ward (particularly roads and footpaths in Avalon, Bilgola, Palm Beach, Duffys Forest, Cottage Point and Offshore Communities).
2. Make sure that the State Government completes the Mona Vale Road upgrade.
3. Bring the new sportsfields planned for Warriewood and Ingleside on line as soon as possible.
4. Lobby for the wildlife overpass over the Mona Vale Road to link Katandra and Ingleside Reserves.
5. Make the State Government responsible for funding interregional transport hubs (Palm Beach Wharf) and not pass on their responsibility to Local Government.
6. Fund the masterplan for Terrey Hills Oval.
7. Foster and support the local emergency services - the Surf Clubs, SES, Marine Rescue, RFS and other community groups.
Being independent, YNBIT will work with the State Government, but won’t let it impose its agenda on us. We will develop local planning that reflects our community’s needs and not those of the major political parties. We are committed to ensure that the new council is transparent, accountable and representative.
To find out what is happening in Pittwater follow this link here