Pittwater ward covers the northern end of the council, including Avalon, Bayview, Bilgola Beach, Church Point, Clareville, Coasters Retreat, Cottage Point, Duffy’s Forest, Elvina Bay, Great Mackerel Beach, part of Ingleside, Lovett Bay, Mona Vale, Morning Bay, Newport, Palm Beach, Scotland Island, Terrey Hills and Whale Beach.
SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Saved more than 10,000 square metres of Littorell Rainforest in Newport and put it in public hands;
• Increased support for the Arts, including the delivery of the “Creative Space” at Avalon with another planned for Mona Vale, providing work and exhibition space for local artists;
• Upgrade of sporting facilities such as the Terrey Hills Skate Park and BMX track, the Newport Rugby Club, the Mona Vale Surf Life Saving Club and the creation of new netball/basketball courts at Avalon;
• Upgrades to Church Point car park and to buildings and facilities at Currawong and Palm Beach;
• Increased services and reduced rates.
SOME OF OUR GOALS:
• Protect our natural environment, tree canopy and villages from inappropriate development by advocating for tighter planning controls;
• Continue supporting local business and community groups to assist their recovery after COVID-19;
• Provide enhanced support services and activities to promote well-being and to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour;
• Maintain a cost efficient and fiscally responsible council;
• Implement net zero emissions in Council by 2030.