Frenchs Forest ward covers inland parts of the council, including Allambie Heights, part of Beacon Hill, Belrose, Davidson, Forestville, Frenchs Forest and Killarney Heights and part of Oxford Falls.
Meet The Frenchs Forest
Serving as Mayor since 2008. Continually improving the overall standards of Council and leading our community through the COVID-19 pandemic.
SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Increased services and lowered your rates.
• Kept the “Forest” in Frenchs Forest by expanding the existing street tree plan created by the former Warringah Council to increase vital canopy;
• Completion of Allambie Heights Oval, creating a new playground, multisport courts and shared pathway;
• Upgrades of Lionel Watts Oval and the surrounding area including the all abilities playground, dog park, skate park, Glen Street Theatre and the new Library;
• Ensured the community’s voice was heard by State Government on major projects.
SOME OF OUR GOALS:
• Ensure the State delivers the promised community infrastructure under the Frenchs Forest Precinct Plan and the Forest High Relocation;
• Enhance our enjoyment of the outdoors by increasing and improving our green spaces, footpaths and local walks and bike trails;
• Deliver a new planning control document (LEP/ DCP) that caters for appropriate sustainable development - providing a mix of housing;
• Protect our quality of life by ensuring the atmosphere of our ‘villages’ is enhanced in any State Government plans for our area.
• Implement net zero emissions in Council by 2030.