STRONGER COMMUNITIES FUND AND NEW COUNCIL IMPLEMENTATION FUND - QUARTERLY REPORT DECEMBER 2018
The Tied Grants Program commenced in October 2017 whereby the NSW Government allocated $21.1 million for the following 11 projects:
1. Church Point Community Park (Pasadena)
2. Wakehurst Parkway flood mitigation
3. Mona Vale Public School – Regional Performing Arts Centre
4. Mona Vale Surf Life Savings Club (SLSC) refurbishment
5. Long Reef SLSC refurbishment
6. Currawong Beach heritage refurbishment
7. North Pittwater foreshore improvements
8. Scotland Island wastewater feasibility study
9. Northern Pittwater permanent netball courts
10. Newport Surf Club refurbishment (planning)
11. Barrenjoey Community Performance Space.
The Church Point Community Park (Pasadena) project has been abandoned and the funds ($7.9 million) disbursed among a number of other tied grant projects. The remaining projects are in various stages of feasibility assessment, planning and delivery. The $10 million NCIF has been fully allocated across a range of integration and implementation projects to establish the new Council. As at 31 December 2018, a total of $9,212,852 has been expended against the NCIF with the total amount including accumulated interest committed.