STRONGER COMMUNITIES FUND QUARTERLY UPDATE
Council received $36.1 million from the NSW Government’s Stronger Communities Fund (SCF) to provide funding to kick start the delivery of improved infrastructure and services to the community.
This is an update on how those funds are being spent.
The Tied Grants Program commenced in October 2017 with Council accepting the funding.
Early stages of planning have commenced on the 11 projects identified by the NSW Government:
1. Church Point Community Park (Pasadena)
2. Wakehurst Parkway flood mitigation
3. Mona Vale Public School – Regional Performing Arts Centre
4. Mona Vale Surf Life Savings Club (SLSC) refurbishment 5. Long Reef SLSC refurbishment
6. Currawong Beach heritage refurbishment
7. North Pittwater foreshore improvements
8. Scotland Island wastewater feasibility study
9. Northern Pittwater permanent netball courts
10. Newport Surf Club refurbishment (planning)
11. Barrenjoey Community Performance Space.
COMMUNITY GRANTS PROGRAM UPDATE The Community Grants Program of $1 million has been fully allocated with successful applications announced at Council meetings on 16 December 2016 and 25 July 2017.
These projects have been progressing well with a total of 33 projects completed, six this quarter.
The projects successfully completed in the current quarter are: